Ten golden tricksIvan | Sun, 2004-10-17 14:26
I was talking with our intern and I was surprised she did not know a few old hat tricks for Photoshop. After a short discussion I was able to put together the top 10 tips that all designers need to know.
- Hitting Tab hides all of your pallets. Hitting Tab again brings them back.
- Shift+Tab hides all the pallets except your toolbar.
- Hitting the "D" key resets your color pallets to Black foreground, White Background.
- The "X" key will toggle your foreground and background colors.
- Use CMD+Delete to fill your layer or selection with the current background color.
- Option+Delete fills your layer or selection with the foreground color.
- Change your paintbrush circle into a crosshair for precise control by pressing the Caps Lock key.
- Double-Click the ruler on the top or side of your document brings up the Units & Ruler Dialogue box. (handy if you work in both print and web)
- To quickly change the blend mode of a layer Shift+Option+(letter corresponding to mode) ie: Shift+Option+M is Multiply. Shift+Option+V is Vivid Light.
- Using Shift+ the "+" or "-" will toggle through the various blend modes one at a time.
Thanks for the help pixeljunkie with this Bit.
Commenting on this Blog entry is closed.