10 Things You Need to Know About Compositing in PhotoshopVootie (1482 pencils) | Wed, 2011-09-14 08:35
Adapted from Photoshop Compositing Secrets (Peachpit Press)
By Matt Kloskowski
1: Which Comes First, the Background or the Subject?
I get asked this one all the time. Unfortunately, it’s not a definite answer one way or the other. For me, I’d say that 75% of the time the subject usually comes first. Give me someone interesting to photograph, and I’ll find a fitting background for them. Most of the time, I don’t even know what that background is before I photograph the person. The other 25% of the time, I’ll have a background specifically in mind before the photo shoot. I’ll photograph the person in a way that I know will work for the background. Some times, I’ll even try a quick composite in Photoshop while they’re still in the studio.
Read further on Graphics.com
Commenting on this Blog entry is closed.